Lake Taupo & Huka Falls


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » North Island » Taupo
October 16th 2007
Published: November 15th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Huka Falls Jet
We travelled from Wai-o-Tapu to Lake Taupo for a jetboat ride to the Huka Falls. We got the front seats right next to the driver and had big grins on our faces as we zoomed around the river, narrowly missing tree stumps and skimming cliff faces by inches. We laughed and the oldies screamed when our driver spun into a 360, soaking Jase with the spray. Our driver obviously thought he was a bit of a comedian, with a really dry sense of humour, but you couldn't fault his driving style! Eventually, after much fun speeding along the river, we reached the Huka Falls, which were thunderous torrent of foaming water, charging down into the river. We got a close up look at the falls, which were very impressive, and laughed at a tourist waving at us, threatening to do a Michael Jackson with his pet pooch, dangling over the falls for some mysterious reason. We sped back down the river with a few scary close calls against the cliffs and it was back on dry land.

Lake Taupo
Unfortunately it wasn't really kayaking weather the next morning, so we just went for a walk around the lake and a quick mooch around the shops.

Note: more action shots of jet to follow soon!


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement

nice rain coat!!nice rain coat!!
nice rain coat!!

we needed them though on the 360´s!
lake taupo mc donalds!lake taupo mc donalds!
lake taupo mc donalds!

maccy d´s with a proper play ground!


18th November 2007

Whoo-hoo
If it was a tourist offering his pooch to the water, perhaps he'd just done the same to the dog's owner? I think Jase has been to Lake Taupo before...
18th November 2007

Nice gear
I forgot to add, nice gear, very fetching. There's something 'White Whale' about the look - it's the long coats. There she blows! Where's my leg? Arh, me salty.

Tot: 0.048s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 8; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0203s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb