hi from taupo


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » North Island » Taupo
July 3rd 2007
Published: July 3rd 2007
Edit Blog Post

hi guys

just a quick update on what we've been doing the last couple of days. yesterday we got up early (10!) and headed to the geothermal area called Orakei Koraki (Hidden Valley). although the weather wasn't great it soon brightened up and the warmth from the steam kept us warm. the area was apparently used to film Walking with Dinousaurs and hayley felt a bit nervous as it did feel like the kind of area creatures were lerking. the mudpools and the area were beautiful, with the water and land anything from a bright turquoise to orange. there was also a deep cave that was beautiful although a long, steep walk that was quite a trek to get to. we then headed back to the main sight for some lunch and then onwards to Taupo, only a short drive away. the camp site here is lovely, there is a small but warm swimming pool, a playground, and a massive pillow that u can jump around (h and i decided to boot the kids off so we could enjoy it!). in the evening we went for yet more swimming at the local complex, so we could finish off our childishish behaviour by splashing around in the water.

today we've had a much lazier (acting more like OAPs) day although i'm thinking of doing a skydive tommorow, which is both a terrifying and exciting prospect. they are quite expensive so i may just wait until queenstown to decide whether to take the plunge. we are also planning to swim with dolphins at a marine centre tomorrow which is very excting! we have lots of driving to do over the next couple of days (which i'm slowely starting to enjoy) but i'm sure we'll write again when i reach my cousins and uncle in wellington.

thanks for reading!!

james and hayleyxxx

Advertisement



Tot: 0.094s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 11; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0468s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb