Taupo and the crazy stuff !


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » North Island » Taupo
May 23rd 2007
Published: May 23rd 2007
Edit Blog Post

NapierNapierNapier

after some of the crazy stuff day two drove down to see Mimm and Aaron. nice dinner, wine and went to see where Mimm works. one line, one product, 16 pallets per day ! since this pic mimm managed to replace my beloved speights t shirt stolen in Samoa, god bless them both !
i had already got my skive dive and bungy booked but having decided that i couldn't get up to bay of islands and didn even know what i was going to do up there i decided to book some activities. now at this point was down to my camera phone cos the bloody Samsung bust.

the bungy was terrifying. beautiful spot though. over a river. i was the first jump of the day.

walked up to the edge and just kinda fell off. have a look on taupobungy.com put in the date i fell off , 7/05/07.

the pic taken off me before shows just how scared i was. after the first second though it was cool. could have had a second go for fifteen quid but had to go for the skydive.

decided to do the 15000 ft one which gives you a minute of free fall at about 200km/H.

plus decided on the pics and a DVD. went up with some young lads and the DVD was kinda like the A Team thing. i looked very scared cos i was !

anyway the climb up in the little plane had me rocking
TaupoTaupoTaupo

Jet boat, mildly exciting, much like myself!
then you slid over to the door strapped to the instructer and then you go head over heels into nothing, jesus i was out of it. the minute went in a blur, forgot to really look at the person taking pics.too busy looking at the lake we were hurtling towards, then the chute opens at 5000 ft and you glide down , its all very quiet then and the views of Taupo and the lake are amazing.

would love to do it again but wouldn't bother with the4 DVD and stuff, its nearly as dear as the jump,(which was 110 quid)

the next day i went for a three hour quad bike trail through forests, it was fantastic fun !
the huka falls jet boat was not much but i had an hour to kill then it was straight off to see Mimm in Napier then back up to Auckland to see Jason and say goodbye to NZ




Additional photos below
Photos: 15, Displayed: 15


Advertisement

Taupo bungyTaupo bungy
Taupo bungy

this beautiful spot is where i did my bungy jump, (over water) log on to taupo bungy and put may 7th into the search engine for my pics, i was the first jump of the day ! very scary
Auckland sky TowerAuckland sky Tower
Auckland sky Tower

after sky dives and stuff you would of thought i could have handled being up the sky tower and standing on glass as thick as concrete, could i hell !
TaupoTaupo
Taupo

comedy prawn shot at huka falls prawn farm !
NapierNapier
Napier

shite pic but basically the view from mimms balcony
Taupo Irish barTaupo Irish bar
Taupo Irish bar

loved this, much better than measuring the distance to london or Dublin !
Taupo Waiora RiverTaupo Waiora River
Taupo Waiora River

prob spelt wrong, grade 5 rapids, last day the gates from the dam were opened, massive laugh !
Taupo, W/WaterTaupo, W/Water
Taupo, W/Water

me far left posing !
Taupo W/waterTaupo W/water
Taupo W/water

can you believe the angle on this thing !
Taupo W/waterTaupo W/water
Taupo W/water

was desperate for it to turn over !
Taupo Sky DiveTaupo Sky Dive
Taupo Sky Dive

yes and i got the t shirt. amazing experience but absolutely terrified me, amazing views esp when the chute oped and we glided down. would do again !
Taupo Sky diveTaupo Sky dive
Taupo Sky dive

the weather was shite but just opened up long enough for the jump. great views
Taupo Sky diveTaupo Sky dive
Taupo Sky dive

me strapped to a big Kiwi called Kane! bloody glad he was there 65 seconds of free fall from 15000ft feet
Taupo Sky diveTaupo Sky dive
Taupo Sky dive

none of that smiling or mad cap antics, next time maybe !


Tot: 0.398s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 23; qc: 109; dbt: 0.1102s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb