Tramping on Mt Taranaki


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » North Island » Taranaki
January 11th 2013
Published: January 11th 2013
Edit Blog Post

Left Stratford at around 10am to drive to Mt Taranaki it had rained during the night and everything was fresh. It took around half an hour to get there I stopped a few times along the route to take some photos of the dormant volcano that is Mt Taranaki. It's just really beautiful, topped with snow it looks like something from a fairy tale. As the road meandered towards the mountain it got narrower and narrower, panic set in for a few seconds then I saw there was another car in the mirror, whew. The first walk took me to Wilkies pools a series of pools that the water has carved from hundreds of years of erosion. Following that I did a walk to Dawsons Falls where the water cascades about eighty feet to the rocks below. Even though it had rained the previous night there want a huge amount of water cascading down but it looked quite pretty. After all that tramping a good lunch followed by warm scones, with jam and cream and a pot of ht tea. Magic. Following this I drove to New Plymouth but it was a bit busy so decided to hit the road for a while before finding a little camp is at Onaero Bay about fifty feet from the beach. Ahhhhhh a Happy Day.


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



11th January 2013

Just been catching up with you Pam you still seem to be having a really good time. Happy New Year keep on enjoying yourself
11th January 2013

Just been catching up with you Pam you still seem to be having a really good time. Happy New Year keep on enjoying yourself

Tot: 0.068s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 12; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0396s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb