New Zealand - North Island


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » North Island » Rotorua
March 26th 2015
Published: March 26th 2015
Edit Blog Post

Hi everyone, well we set off this morning, leaving Kiddi Packers and stopping at the truckers cafe again on route. Spoke to the same lady, who gave us the places to go too yesterday, she was pleased we went to them, had a coffee and headed to ROTORUA, alias ROTAVEGAS !! Yep, that's what it reminds us of, Heidi and Simon who we met in Dunedin said that's what it was like and they weren't wrong, just havent got the huge hotels, just a strip of motels all along and some very strange shops !! very different from where we have been previously. It is situated roughly in the middle of the North Island and has a large Maroi community, it also smells of bad eggs which of course is the Sulpher from the hot geothermals, it really is bad, hope we get used to it !!! We arrived at our motel, we like it, it is like a one bedroom flat, own kitchen to cook, whoppee !! separate bedroom from the living room, own bathroom, a hot mineral pool and all for £20 each a night, it's great, oh and a TV!, yes the photos show its old fashioned and drab but it's really very nice. So we dumped off our stuff and went off into the town, then it poured with rain, we had just boxed up our winter clothes and walking boots and sent them back to Melbourne, only have shorts, still it's not cold. Had a wander round, then found the Night Market in Tutanekai Street, well the food there was delicious, just too much to choose from, I ended up having Japanese Beef curry and Stu had a Chinese dish, sooooooo lovely, oh and forgot to say we had lovely food last night as well, we went to the RSA, (Returned Services Association) and had the best beef and ham roast dinner, it was a carvery, we had a pudding, coffee and half a bottle of wine each, all for £15 each. It was sooooo good, we piled the food on our plates and you could go up for seconds, believe me pasta, sauce, beans and noodles getssssss so boring after a while !!! I'm sat here and it really is so pongee, hope it doesn't effect my sleep in my lovely new bedroom !!! I'm not complaining though, but I will have to find a peg somewhere and stick it on my nose !!!


Additional photos below
Photos: 11, Displayed: 11


Advertisement



27th March 2015

all that food.....
What's that saying you CONSTANTLY say to me? A moment on the lips.......:-)
27th March 2015

Hi J
Yes, I know I go on about Lips and Hips !! But I'm only helping you !!!

Tot: 0.135s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 53; dbt: 0.085s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb