Rotorua 11-14/2


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » North Island » Rotorua
February 12th 2009
Published: February 12th 2009
Edit Blog Post

This content requires Flash
To view this content, JavaScript must be enabled, and you need the latest version of the Adobe Flash Player.
Download the free Flash Player now!
 Video Playlist:

1: mudpool 7 secs
2: geyser 10 secs
On the way to rotorua we stopped off at one of the mud pools. These are really cool as they bubble, which is really relaxing to watch, although they smell really eggy. When we arrived in Rotorua we went to the realm of Tane with the kiwi bus. Here we tried some maori chutneys before being taken to our hostels. We then explored the area which included the govenment gardens, the park, the thermal area and the lake.

Our first full day we spent at Te Puai which is a large geo-thermal park with mud pools, hot springs, and a really cool geyser which when it gets going is really impressive. We also finally got to see live kiwis which are odd looking birds and because they were in a glass tank we were unable to get photos. It is very unlikely to get to see these in the wild so we are happy to have got to see them, even if it was in captivity.

Rotorua is a beautiful place and has some really impressive things although it can be really smelly in some places due to the sulphur gas escaping.

Today we are going to the cinema and for a meal to celebrate valentines a day early as the weather is being a bit unpredicatable and stopping us from our sightseeing and we will be on the bus most of the day tomorrow, up to Auckland.


Additional photos below
Photos: 16, Displayed: 16


Advertisement

te puiate puia
te puia

geyser
te puiate puia
te puia

geyser


14th February 2009

hehe those videos are ace, hope you are having a good time dont get too smelly ;)

Tot: 0.081s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 8; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0559s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb