Rotoura


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » North Island » Rotorua
January 7th 2006
Published: January 24th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Days 55 & 56



We jumped back on the bus in the morning headed for Rotoura. We stopped for a walk at the Karangake Scenic Reserve where we walked through a km long tunnel which was pitch black!! We arrived in Rotorua mid afternoon where we were greeted by the stench of the sulphur (Rotorua is famous for it's guesers and mud pools which stink but are cool to see). We went for a wander and had a drink at the hostel bar. We cooked dinner, went to a rubbish fayre and chilled out back at the hostel.

The next day we went to the Agrodome, where they have some cool activities. We first did a swoop (where you're put into sleeping bag things and hoisted up 45m on a crane). Stuart pulled the rip cord and we fell until the rope was tort and then sailed through the air. It was good fun. We then went zorbing - these are plastic air filled balls which you get into and roll down a hill. We both did a wet one so they put water in there too so you slide about all over the place while rolling down the hill. It was really funny. Carly went for a swim in the hostel pool while Stuart had a nap (bless him he's getting old). In the evening we went to The Grumpy Mole (the best named bar ever) and had a game of pool with the locals. We won- yay!


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement

SwoopSwoop
Swoop

We'd just pulled the rip cord hence the terror in our faces as we hurtled towards the concrete below us


Tot: 0.232s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 12; qc: 42; dbt: 0.1718s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb