Sky Dive No.2!!!!!! Hell yerrrrr!!!!! 15,000 ft at Rotorua with NZone!!!!!!


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » North Island » Rotorua
November 13th 2007
Published: November 18th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Okay yes so ive gone maddddddddddd!!!! ha ha!!!! loved my first sky dive at fox or frans glacier so much that i wanted to do another one and i saw some friends pics from the company NZone and they just looked so cool i had my heart set on getting them!!!!! This company are only based at Queenstown and Rotorua, i ran out of time and motivation to do it in Queenstown so when i found out they were based at Rotorua as well i had to do it with them!!!!!!

So get up to Rotorua and didn't book it until the day i was supposed to go black water rafting and it turned out to be an amazing day so i decided to madly change my plans to do it on this day.....Tuesday 13th November....think ive gone slightly mad lol!!!!! So booked it for 10.30am, this time i wasn't so hungover or still drunk and i didn't have a group of friends with me....i was pretty much deciding to do it again for the second time completely off my own back....hmmmmm??!!!!

Turned out that an american guy called Aaron heard me on the internet speaking on skype to family about doing it and he wanted to jump again with NZone he had already jumped with them in Queenstown so had a $50 off voucher to jump with them again!!!! So randomly and madly he decided to book with them as well and come with me.

At 10.30am we went down to reception ready to go and found out that it was too windy at that NZone had postponed it unitl 1.30pm to see if the wind dies down.........ahhh how gutted had to now wait longer and not know for def if we could do it!!! started wondering if i really should be doing this as fairly expensive but way cheaper than doing it at home and such a cool place to do it and i was way more nervous this time as knew what was coming and what to prepare for and get nervous about!!!!! so we had to sit around and wait but this was actually pretty cool as it meant it dragged the day out and made it more of a build up!!!! was hoping and preying that we would jump today though as i wouldnt have much other time to jump here and would rethink if i should do it or not.....

at 1pm we got a message to say we were good to go!!!! sarah the woman from NZone came and picked us up in the van and drove us to the ariport site where they are based.....ahhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!


so we arrived at NZone in Rotorua and filled out a agreement form to say we wanted to do it etc blah blah blah!!!!! Aaron the american guy and a chinese girl were jumping from 12,000ft so they had to go up before me as not room in the plane for all of us plus camera man for my dvd!!!!! so they went up first and i had to wait and watch them come down which was cool to see them buzzing coming down and take my mind off my jump!!!!!

Then i got all harnessed up and geared up....god i love this company so cool and funky and all the gear is lush and the plane is wicked!!!!

Once ready we had to get in the plane and go up!!!! Ahhhhhh so much more nervous this time than the first time, as you will see in my dvd lol!!!!

So jump no. 2 in Rotorua 15,000ft!!!!! ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

cool plane journey up, had to have oxygen this time as was going higher so this made it a bit more scarey!!!! also so much more colder going higher!!!!!!

ha haaaaa you have to see my photos and dvd for this they're so cooooool!!!!!

so 15,000ft up jumped out fucking cold and scarey and higher this time!!!!

mental mental mental free fall did some sick stufff lol!!!!!!! awesome moves and amazing pics lol!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

really felt the difference in the temp, the freefall did seem longer and scarier!!!!! the views of the lake and the hills were pretty sweet and i did a nice little interview when i got down to the ground lol!!!!

loved it sweet assssssssssssssssssssssssss!!!!!!!

so must do one more now 3 times lucky......one onto a beach in oz i reckon!!!!!!!



Additional photos below
Photos: 27, Displayed: 24


Advertisement



Tot: 0.077s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 8; qc: 26; dbt: 0.0555s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb