Wellington to Rotorua


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » North Island » Rotorua
September 26th 2007
Published: September 26th 2007
Edit Blog Post

And head out we did, after a thoroughly enjoyable evening meal at Dave's realtives, who were very friendly and laid out a great dinner for us. Wellington was a good night out, with pleanty of bars and clubs to sip beers and bust some moves in.

The following morning we drove to Turangi, a small town located close the world famous Tongariro Crossing, which we planned to walk the day after. Unfortunately the weather wasnt very good that morning and we were advised against making the crossing, so we settled for a few short walks around the national park instead, taking in a slightly underwhelming waterfall and some rapids along the way. That evening we drove to Taupo, watched a DVD, and had an early night.

Dave and Mark went for a sky dive the next day - a 15000 foot leap from a pink aeroplane, which we followed up with another walk to a hot spring rock pool with some girls we met at the hostel. That evening we went out with said girls to the pub for a quiz and then onto a club where we all tried our hands at a bit of pole dancing, with the girls teaching us some of their better moves.

We were rudely awakened this morning by one of the staff at the hostel as we had missed our check-out time, and after a mad rush of packing and wolfing down our breakfasts we were on the road again. Heading for Rotorua, we stopped off for a walk around the Craters of the Moon - an area of bubbling mud and steam blasts, aswell as a secret river where a hot spring meets a cold running stream; the location of which we were given by an experienced traveller at one of the hostels. We then arrived in Rotorua where we plan to do a bit of mountain biking tomorrow, and then possibly attend a traditional Mauri dinner and show.

Hazh




Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement

In the woodsIn the woods
In the woods

Spot the familiar faces?
Skydiiiiiiive!!Skydiiiiiiive!!
Skydiiiiiiive!!

The brave ones about to be thrown from a pink plane at 15000 feet


Tot: 0.121s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 25; dbt: 0.1023s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb