Rotorua - Again!


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » North Island » Rotorua
September 15th 2005
Published: September 15th 2005
Edit Blog Post

Arrived in Rotorua early today, as was only a short trip up from Taupo.
Having checked in to Base Backpackers (NOT Hotrocks this time), went off to see the Rainbow Springs which, incidentally were really really nice, got given a headset of information to listen to and got to see lots of native birds, and also the Turatara!
After that I travelled up to agrodome with Courtney and we did a farm tour, got to see lots of sheep(!), and feed some alpaccas (have I spelt that right?). We also got to taste some kiwifruit wine (dry but sweet really bizarre but nice), and some honey which were both produced on site. Then to end our tour we saw some more sheep and....................ran over one! Total accident sheep had got itself between tractor and trailer while we were stopped and was out of the drivers view. Think it was ok though.
Following that we went and Zorbed! Was absolutely amazing, although it was a short ride, it's a good adrenaline rush. Different to a bungy or skydive as there is no real initial fear beforehand. Together we did a wet zorb down the hill, ie us in a big plastic ball with a bucket of water, so much for being told to try and stay feet first, I went down most of the way head first!
Looking forward to tomorrow now, going to Wai-o-tapu to see the Lady Knox Geyser, and then should be going to the polynesian spa for the afternoon, may find something else I don't know yet. Then back to Auckland on Saturday to go to the BAy of Islands!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.161s; Tpl: 0.017s; cc: 6; qc: 43; dbt: 0.1294s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb