Zorb, Weird volcanic place and Taupo


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » North Island » Rotorua
January 18th 2007
Published: January 18th 2007
Edit Blog Post

ZorbZorbZorb

The hill where you go down. The 2 funny balls are what people go in
Got up early. Walked miles to this Sky ride park which had a gondola going up, not even to the top of, a hill. Looked around and decided to go back down as the 'luge' looked really placid. This place would be good for families but it wasn't for us.

We'd been fooled by the maps that the Zorb place was closer than it was and I had insisted on walking. Anyway, we walked back to the campervan and then drove to the Zorb place.

This is where you can get inside an inflated giant ball and roll down a hill. I went down in a 'wet' Zorb which had water inside and decided to go down the zig-zag circuit rather than straight down. I have to say it was really good fun and as we were so tired from walking, it was quite refereshing.

Later we drove towards Taupo and stopped off at the Orakei Korako cave and thermal park. This place is fascinating and well worth visiting. I took about 30 pictures but until they're on here, the website is www.orakeikorako.co.nz - take a look!

Arrived in Taupo and checked into a campsite.


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement

OrakeiOrakei
Orakei

A view from the bottom
OrakeiOrakei
Orakei

Hot steamy water comes out of the various gaps. The different colours are why this area is named the Artists Pallette
OrakeiOrakei
Orakei

The cave. Apparently one of only 2 known caves formed inland. The water is warm and you are supposed to make a wish when you put your hand in.


Tot: 0.082s; Tpl: 0.016s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0484s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 3; ; mem: 1.1mb