Journal Day 50 - To Raglan.


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » North Island » Raglan
March 27th 2011
Published: April 28th 2011
Edit Blog Post

To Raglan.

Decided that I need to see more of New Zealand than just Auckland. And decided that if I was going anyway it'd need to be somewhere I could surf... Lonely planet stated that Raglan was the 'surf town of your dreams' or something like that so that was that decided.
Got the bus to Raglan that went to Hamilton and then another bus to Raglan.
On bus from Hamilton to Raglan met a woman from Raglan Daphne and another traveller Laura from Holland.
Arrived in Raglan and walked to Raglan Backpackers with Laura. Cool hostel. Rooms all open out onto a little grassy courtyard. Jacuzzi and steam-room in courtyard. Friendly atmosphere.
We decided that we really needed a surf straight away so Hired surfboard and wet-suit. Straight to surf with Laura. We got lift down to beach with Hostel manager Tim.
The beach break nearest Raglan was producing 3-4 ft clean, fast waves.
Really nice sandy beach and only the 2 of us out surfing which was surprising.
After we were able to hitch-hike back to Raglan to the backpackers with a couple of other travellers in their campervan.
Went out for dinner with Laura in Raglan and then met a few other people back in the hostel.


Advertisement



Tot: 0.121s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0473s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb