We meet again!


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » North Island » Orewa
January 18th 2006
Published: January 26th 2006
Edit Blog Post

After the black water rafting we headed to Orewa which is just north of Auckland. We decided to stop here to break up the Drive to the Bay of Islands. The most amazing thing about coming here was that we met Marion and David. We first meet them in Lake Tekapo and then in Mount Cook back in December. Our paths also crossed in Franz Josef. We were really surprised to meet them again in National Park as they said they were not going to do the Tongariro crossing but they had had a change of plan. By this time we were good friends so when we left there we said our goodbyes.

When we arrived in Orewa today and checked into the hostel they were the first people we met. We could not believe it and neither could they! We only decided to stay here yesterday as a last minute decision. We thought they were already further north and this hostel is a backpackers (not a YHA which they usually stay in). After getting over the surprise we all went to the beach to catch up on what we had been up to since we last met. We spent all the evening chatting and we are going to meet up when we get home (their son lives about 2 minutes drive from our house!) It's a small world....

Advertisement



Tot: 0.062s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 11; qc: 31; dbt: 0.0372s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb