14th January 2008


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » North Island » Northland
January 14th 2008
Published: January 14th 2008
Edit Blog Post

14th January 2008
We are settling in nicely at Vernon and Annettes house in Mangawhai. Last night under the stars we sat soaking in the hot tub on their decking. Much to Dinah, Annette and Vernon's surprise, Bob entered the hot tub in his Birthday Suit!!
Today we helped cut the hedge in preparation for our trip further North for 3 days before returning to pack for the trek South.
The life here is idyllic, quiet, unrushed and in beautiful surroundings. we visited a lovely shell beach Te Arai, this afternoon and I was indulged by being allowed to take a few photos!!
.... Discovered you can't get good help these days, Dinah and Bob did help us to trim the hedge, but only narrowly missed taking out an avocado tree in the process. Lovely to have them here and hoping the weather wll stay good, presently at 27 degrees!



Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



14th January 2008

Good time being had
So glad you are having a great time but do you think you could at least take a picture of it raining or looking cloudy on just one day so we don't feel quite so jealous!
14th January 2008

Te Arai Beach
How lovely! Really wish I was there..... We've been keeping your regular seats warm for you this weekend - we took visitors to Franzls on Friday evening - had a really good dinner, and sat watching the snow through the window - and then we went to SPS on Sunday afternoon with Geoff, Tony's youngest son. It was excellent, and congratulations to Dinah for her Best SPS entry award! I thought it was the best photo in the whole exhibition before I realised who had taken it, so totally unbiased view. Hope you continue to have a great trip, the blog is brilliant!
14th January 2008

Birthday suit !!!
Hi Bob Is it because you are walking upside down, that you are now going round hot tubs in your birthday suit! Glad you are having a fab fun time...

Tot: 0.065s; Tpl: 0.015s; cc: 10; qc: 29; dbt: 0.0259s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb