Sandboarding


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » North Island » Northland » Omapere
December 12th 2006
Published: December 13th 2006
Edit Blog Post

WE got up had breakkie with the others then we headed to 90 mile beach to do some sandboarding. It was a lot of effort to get on top of the massive dunes but worth it for the board down. Although the last one which was the biggest i couldnt slow down, got to a bump and had a jump then fell off. Didnt get hurt but it was fun. Have nasty blisters on my toes from trying to slow down with my feet. The dunes were pretty amazing up there. Then tried to get to Whangarei. I say try as we broke down. The hills were crazy and the car overheated. Luckily we broke down near a farm. The farmer asked if we were ok and he was a mechanic! Result. He tried to put some water in but it just came straight back out! He said it could be the casket or pipe or something (i dont really get cars!) So we got to his farm and his wife looked after us so we could make a few phone calls. As the WOF for car runs out next week and he was pretty certain it was not fixable. So they said they would put us up for the night. We went up to a really cool lodge they wree doing up which had amazing views over the hills. She wa a Mauri so told us all about her tribe. So we planned to stay and they would sort car out. THen she got a phone call from her brother who owns a load of trucks. One of them was heading to Taupo at 9.30 that eveing. So as Suzy needed to get to South Island and i was easy we headed there! In a 40 tonne cattle truck. Mum and Dad Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease dont worry they were the nicest people and you really do get a vibe off the dodgy ones over here! So we left at 9.30 from far north and got to Taupo at 7.30am. Not much sleep but a free lift down. So here we are in Taupo. Random, but i have given up trying to make plans as they never happen.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.105s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 12; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0537s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb