Pukekura Park


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » North Island » New Plymouth
January 15th 2009
Published: January 16th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Rowing on the riverRowing on the riverRowing on the river

Pukekura Park lake
We went to Pukekura park to look at it in the daylight and we walked all around it is amazing really old tall trees and forests and water falls we went on the stage and danced and sung. and played on the playgrounds we got hungry so we went and got tomatoes lettuce cheese ham cucumber and this big pack of bread that had icing buns and buns and bread for $6 dad was really impressed with the bargain we ate it all for lunch at the camp groun, we played cricket at the camp ground and just played on the playground so we could have an early tea. we had steak sandwhiches on the barbie then we went for a swim and got dressed in warm clothes to go to the festival of lights.
That day we went in a row boat mum had a try and it was really scary when she did it it was tipping but dad did it really good he nearly crashed into another boat. at night the boats lighted up.
There was a county band playing when we got there at 7.30 we sat on our picnic blanket and listened we all went and asked it they were going to sing ring of fire and they said they were and we waited and waited and then this lady said some kids had requested this and hoped we were still here we all got up and danced they did a good job of johnny cashs song.
For 2 nights we went to the Pukekura festival of lights we went and looked around at the lights they were really beautiful and there was a chandler under the river I said fairies lived in them but Holly said she couldn't see them. Then we went and look around we saw all these things glowing in trees flowers hanging from trees and a giant sleeping he went orrrkkchsh shh and Jake was scared.
We had an icecream and walked back to the car and went to the camp.


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement

Hatchery LawnHatchery Lawn
Hatchery Lawn

country band


Tot: 0.078s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0488s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb