Adventure


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » North Island » King Country » Waitomo
February 14th 2007
Published: February 19th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Valentines day...no cards in the post for us 3 ha ha!!
The railway thing we slept in last night was freezing so none of us got much sleep as we didn't have sleeping bags.
Today was my turn to drive the 1st stop was not far from Raglan and was bridal veil falls which was a 50 m waterfall. Then we went on to a beach which if u buried yourslef you could feel hot water we only managed to bury our feet but it was pretty weird!
After lunch we drove onto Waitomo caves we have been out for a meal in the local pub (not very romantic)whcih was full of NZ workmen!
One of the roads we tok today was horendous it lasted for about 1 hour and i couldn't drive any faster than 40 k it was twisted and turned up and down and was bloody made of gravel and had alot of rock falls on it! It was bloody hard work and quite scary for a while.
Tonight we are staying at a place called Junos Hall and have booked to do a trip tomorrow to teh caves whcih includes absailing and rock climbing and some other stuff am really looking forward to it!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.063s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 12; qc: 29; dbt: 0.0321s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb