he we go here we go here we go!


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » North Island » Hawkes Bay » Porangahau
August 6th 2005
Published: August 5th 2005
Edit Blog Post

Greetings, informative blog coming,
Tomorrow is the start of our serious travelling. Lots to do today, packing and organising and making sure we don't forget simple things like passports (Dave take note), lots of lists and lists of lists to tell us where we left the last lists (try saying that after a few shandys).

We will be driving down to Wellington tomorrow and staying overnight and dropping the car off. On monday we fly to christchurch and pick up the campervan, we plan to stay a night there and then off we go, firstly crossing over to the west coast and just keep going. Hopefully around friday/sat of next week we should be doing a walk on the Franz josef Glacier. I have been trying to talk myself out of my fear of heights as don't want to be scared to death all the way round clingin to Dave. Hopefully at the end of the trip we will get to Kaikoura to do some whale watching but that ius dependant on how long we take, fingers crossed.

On the 25th Aug we then fly back to Wellington and pick up the car for my friends coming over on the 29th, by that point we will be in Auckland to pick them up from the airport and drive them somewhere to collapse for the night. We then have 3 weeks to travel most of North island in a round trip and back to Auckland on the 15th September. We then have a week to do the bay of islands before Dave goes off with Rob who arrives on the ?26th Sept and Dave then departs for his travelling.

Then its only a few weeks before I return to England and reality, by the way anyone got a job?!!

We will be keeping the blog as up to date as possible so keep reading along.
Take care
Love Gem

Advertisement



Tot: 0.06s; Tpl: 0.019s; cc: 12; qc: 27; dbt: 0.0233s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb