New Zealand - North Island


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » North Island » Hawkes Bay » Napier
December 19th 2007
Published: December 19th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Hi Everybody

Well here we are in New Zealand and rain has stopped play for the moment - we have had torrential rain for the last day or so. Just as well we have hired a car to tour the North Island as otherwise we would have been drowned rats. We spent two days in Auckland staying in Sky City an hotel situated within a massive casino and entertainment venue - quite a place - we had a meal in the revolving restaurant at the top - giving us fantastic views of the city. We toured the Coromundal Peninsula on Sunday and visited a Hot Water Beach where we hired a spade along with a host of others and dug a hole at low tide! All seems very odd I know but if you strike lucky hot water springs up enough to bathe in, and the heat at times is just about boiling point - a very different pastime. Yesterday we stayed at Rotorua which is famous for its geysers - we visited them and also took advantage of the mineral & mud baths - what a sight we looked. We have also enjoyed a great evening at the Maori concert & dinner last night.

This is a short blog as the real reason is for Margaret to wish everybody at the Theatre a really good Christmas and a very Happy New Year. Julius - are you out there ? I haven't heard from you and am wondering how things are going. Did the OAP Xmas Dinner go okay and the Workshop too? I hope you are not too busy. I don't know whether you have passed on the blog site to others in the Theatre - but please do so if anyone is interested as we love to hear from you all. Anyway have a good Xmas and pass that on to all the staff especially FOH.

It was good to hear from you Fr. Colin - thought I would let you know we visited the cathedral in Auckland - good mass - not a patch on yours though - phew that should keep you happy!

Margaret D - Thanks for your blog, we are thinking about you all this Xmas particularly your Mum, love to all of you.
Margaret & Anne

Advertisement



Tot: 0.109s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.069s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb