Napier


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » North Island » Hawkes Bay » Napier
March 12th 2007
Published: March 12th 2007
Edit Blog Post

To break the journey up to Wellington, we decided to stay at Napier for the night, as we'd heard other people say it was a really nice place. We got there just in time for lunch and tickled our tastebuds with some organic food at Manna Soul Food Cafe, which did the job nicely. We had a walk round to look at the art deco buildings (Napier was flattened by an earthquake in the 1930's and had to be totally rebuilt). We also walked along the promenade, which was pleasant enough.

We decided that we would find our accommodation, which was on the outskirts of Napier - Portside Lodge. However, when we got there, we just took one look at it and decided it wasn't a place that we wanted to stay (especially after our experience at the YHA, we weren't going to make that mistake again), it just looked run down. So we found a motel for the night (which was significantly more expensive but looked clean). This meant we had to go out for a meal, as we didn't have any kitchen facilities. It took us ages to find a restaurant that was open and decently priced, but in the end we found an Indian called Master of India where Jason had a very nice, tendor New Zealand lamb Rogan Josh.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.043s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 13; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0261s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb