Pottering in the Garden


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » North Island » Hamilton
April 6th 2016
Published: April 6th 2016
Edit Blog Post

Did another three hours driving north today and passed through Hamilton. To stretch our legs we went to the park gardens which has won international awards. It was excellent, a host of interconnected gardens from different periods and countries. Ed and Hat took turns choosing which door to go through next. Ed, favourites were the Tropical and the Chinese gardens. Cas the Japanese and Italian. Hat the Japanese and Backyard. And mine was the Chinese and Italian.
We grabbed a bite to eat and did the final 20 mins to our destinations which was a in Ngaruawhia Memorial Park. There were red poppy flags all over as they remember ANZAC day on the 26th April. It was on the banks of the river and the park had an excellent obstacle course which the kids played merrily on until it got dark. I promised them that I'd host a Ninja Warrior timed obstacle course the following morning..
Several chapters of Harry Potter sent the kids off and fortunately they were not awakened by the huge cargo trains which thundered across a nearby viaduct.



Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.213s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 13; qc: 52; dbt: 0.0994s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb