To Auckland!


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » North Island » Hamilton
April 30th 2008
Published: April 30th 2008
Edit Blog Post

We're leaving for Auckland in the next couple of hours, where we'll be spending the weekend at Chris and Juls' place, and catching up with them and other friends. I've already got a date to meet up with some old friends from when I worked here on Friday night, and I think we're pretty well booked up for every meal until we leave there on Monday! Should be nice to see everyone and hear what they've all been up to.

We've been having a relaxing time here, although we're slowly starting to think of the camping gear we need to buy for Africa. (Paul found his old sleeping bag, which should be fine for him, so I'll need one of my own, plus we need to track down some luxurious sleeping mats that are as comfortable as a regular mattress. Yeah, right...) We've been scanning a lot of old family photos so we can take them over to Canada as well - seems like a smart thing everyone should do, actually, so they have old pictures on CD in case something ever happens to the originals.

And in news that is not interesting to anyone but Paul and I, we bought our wedding rings! Still awhile away from the wedding, of course, but we wanted to get them in New Zealand, and Paul's parents will bring them over when they come next year. It's a much better option than carrying precious metals all the way through Africa...!

I'll be away from the blog until at least early next week, but will send an update when we're back from Auckland.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.129s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0853s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb