The East Coast -TeKaha Homestay


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » North Island » East Coast
February 7th 2007
Published: February 10th 2007
Edit Blog Post

So i am backtracking again to get all the missed days up, so on our first day travelling on the much smaller East As Bus (only 18 passengers), we headed back up North via Rotorua to get to the East Coast and Hwy 35, which is the Coastal Highway. Our final destination this evening was the TeKaha Homestay. We were greeted by our Maori friend Chay and his lovely wife, who have turned their house into a backpacker stop. After we all picked a bunk bed in the huge barn type room, we stepped into the backyard, and had the Pacific to our feet! Their house is right on the coast, and after a few steps we were on the beach, and enjoyed a beautiful sunset. Oh, and did i mention that they have a huge hottub right on the cliff. Now that is a place to enjoy the sunset... so relaxing... a glass of wine or a beer, sitting in the hottub, listening to the waves crash below, enjoying the sunset... not bad, really!!!
Dinner was prepared by the two ladies of the house, Chay's wife and mom, and when a few local Maori neighbors joined in later in the evening with a guitar, the little place became quite lively and we all sang Maori songs, the Beatles, ABBA, you name it. Needless to say that it was quite a lot of fun.

Tomorrow we are continuing along the Coast to the East Cape.....

Advertisement



Tot: 0.205s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 12; qc: 30; dbt: 0.1764s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb