Miranda to Whitianga


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » North Island » Coromandel
September 28th 2012
Published: October 2nd 2012
Edit Blog Post

MirandaMirandaMiranda

Enjoying the hot springs
We all slept well in our campervan beds! Got up and had breakfast around 7:30am, then headed straight to the hot springs mineral pool for another heavenly soak. After that E & S went and got some exercise on the trampoline until it was time for us to move on.

We drove into Thames and stopped to have lunch in a café… meat pies and sausage rolls. That’s when the rain started. We went on to the shopping mall where there was supposed to be free internet access. We found the connection site but had no luck connecting so gave up on that.



We drove on along the seafront and through farm land making our way to Hahei Beach which is in the Whitianga area. The roads were very narrow and sometimes we were driving on the edge of a steep drop so it was a little scary. The rain came and went many times while we were driving. We had to cross many single lane bridges; just as well there is not much traffic at this time of year. We were even held up by some cows being moved from one paddock to another.

The
ThamesThamesThames

Enjoying a NZ traditional fare... pies and sausage rolls.
rain has stopped and we are now parked at the Hahei Motor Camp, in a beachfront site. Elizabeth and Samuel were straight down to the beach to explore; Elizabeth collecting sea shells and Samuel racing the waves. Needless to say, the waves beat Samuel and he got drenched. He didn’t care. It was cold and windy but he played in the waves in his wet clothes for about an hour before he became too cold. It is 8pm now, and it is raining and super windy!


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement

On the road to WhitiangaOn the road to Whitianga
On the road to Whitianga

Driving in the Coromandel area
On the road to WhitiangaOn the road to Whitianga
On the road to Whitianga

Driving through farmland
On the road to WhitiangaOn the road to Whitianga
On the road to Whitianga

Time for milking.
Hahei BeachHahei Beach
Hahei Beach

Arrived at our campsite.
Hahei BeachHahei Beach
Hahei Beach

Samuel playing in the waves


Tot: 0.084s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 7; qc: 52; dbt: 0.0597s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb