Hot Tubbin'


Advertisement
Oceania » New Zealand » North Island » Coromandel
June 14th 2007
Published: August 6th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Should I get in the hot tub? (Yeah!) Will it make me sweat? (Yeah!) Should I get in the hot tub? (Yeah!) Will it make me wet? (Yeah!) Well, well, well... - Eddie Murphy as James Brown on Saturday Night Live I know I know...I just quoted SNL 2 blogs ago. But the James Brown Hot Tub gig cracks me up. This blog entry was originally going to be before the Hell Froze Over entry...but then it... Read Full Entry



Photos are below
Photos: 34, Displayed: 21


Advertisement

Coromandel CoastCoromandel Coast
Coromandel Coast

This was a beach we found completely deserted. Clear water...fine white sand...a perfect follow up to the hot pool beach in the morning.
Coromandel Walkway Beach RocksCoromandel Walkway Beach Rocks
Coromandel Walkway Beach Rocks

Layer upon layer of crazy looking rock that's been warped and bent over the years of tectonic activity. Cool.
Coromandel WalkwayCoromandel Walkway
Coromandel Walkway

Almost back to the Mazda after a day of mud, cows, scouring the beach for shells, and lots of scenery.
KoruKoru
Koru

The Koru is the Maori symbol of peace, tranquility, and new beginnings. It comes from the shape shown here when fernwood trees are growing a new branch.
KoruKoru
Koru

This one has developed a bit more and you can see all the individual branches forming.
Monster Ice Cream ConeMonster Ice Cream Cone
Monster Ice Cream Cone

The perfect end to a day of natural hot tubs, empty beaches, and perfect weather.



20th June 2007

Dude. Are you gonna miss ANYTHING in New Zealand!! My God! Good to see you are still having it large. Keep us posted! Enjoying the blog!
21st June 2007

Almost everything...
I didn't come all this way to miss anything, right? Actually, I would have preferred a slower pace on the north island, but the owner of the car was a tad eager to see ever freaking town/city/beach/area on the island. Am indeed on sensory overload and am ready for several days of doing/seeing nothing and sitting on my bum in front of a large TV. But all in all I'd say that we covered quite a bit of the North considering we only had a little over 3 weeks.
21st June 2007

Damn...
Way to pick travel a travel partner...I can't believe you're still in New Zealand, Vorovoro seems like forever ago. I hope you don't go to Australia, it's a much bigger country dude.
22nd June 2007

Too late...
...I'm in Australia already and doing my best to not think about how big it is and how much there is to do. Only a little over 3 weeks here before moving on. Would love more time here, but gotta get to somewhere CHEAP.

Tot: 0.207s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 23; qc: 94; dbt: 0.0965s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.4mb