Coromandel Peninsula


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » North Island » Coromandel
January 20th 2007
Published: February 8th 2007
Edit Blog Post

On recupere la tente du pote a James et on se dirige vers la peninsule de Coromandel. Endroit absolument magnifique avec foret presque tropicale et cote sauvage. On s'arrete dans un petit camping sympa. Ici les campings sont super classes. Il y a en general toujours une cuisine, plus ou moins ammenagee, une salle tele, un coin barabecue.. bref l'ideal pour des gens comme nous qui n'avont pas beaucoup de materiel.
Les principaux endroits touristiques du coin sont Cathedrale Cove, une plage magnifique et Hot Water Beach, ou se situe une source d'eau chaude qui fait qu'a marree basse on peut se creuser sa propre piscine thermale. Le spectacle est assez drole. Tout le monde s'est achete sa pelle et fini le cul dans 30 centimetres d'eau juste chaude!
Prochaine etape, Rotorua.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Coromandel Peninsula has some of the nicest beaches I have ever seen. We stayed here for 3 days. I have to say that some of the campsites we have visited in New Zealand really are first rate. They have kitchens (including fridges and utensils) BBQ's, laundry and Internet facilities. I should mention also that on our way down to the Coromandel from the 'Bay of Islands' we did stop off and see my best mate Paul. Somehow (I still don't know to date!) we lost the tent? The blame has to go on me really seeing as it was attached to my bag. I blame customs! Anyway, with Paul supplying us with what we needed it has saved us a lot of time and money! Thanks again Paul.
On the Western side of the peninsula we visited the nearby National Park and trampled through rainforests for a few hours. We were going to continue to a hit called the 'Pinnacles', but we decided to continue down as it was getting late. Maybe next time?
On the west side it is quite diferent. The beaches are to die for. I don't think our photos do it justice really. Still, you can see 'Cathedral Cove' and of course 'Hot Water Beach'. 'Hot Water Beach' is famed for it's underground volcanic springs If you dig a hole on the beach at low tide the hole fills with hot water. The problem is that the everyone wants to experience this. Take a look at the photos. Come on down 'Hire a spade' they say. To be honest the water
Pinacles walk near ThamesPinacles walk near ThamesPinacles walk near Thames

Up and up and up and up and up! Great walk though!
is only luke warm. I spent most of my time body surfing in the Sea. Some excellent breaks that you can surf on for quite some distance.








Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement

Hot water beachHot water beach
Hot water beach

Where's Wally?


Tot: 0.114s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 66; dbt: 0.0617s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb