i must remember


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » North Island » Coromandel » Whitianga
October 15th 2007
Published: October 14th 2007
Edit Blog Post

things i must remember about my stay at kauotunu motor camp.

a. the name. kauotunu. maybe the spelling.
b. dilwin, her husband, and her two adorably cute and crazily hyper boys.
c. the family get together and barbecues i was allowed to be a part of. heather and nigel's good bye barbecue. how quickly i was welcomed into a world and a group of friends.
d. walking through the campground and doing a double take at the crystal clear stars up in the night sky with nothing to distract from their clear patterns.
e. millions of tiny, broken down shells. a colorful, sand mosaic.
f. nearly falling off the kauri walk as i inadvertently tried to hike down the side of a cliff that was never intended to be hiked down. that was a close call. grabbing branches, scrambling up and down, and thinking that this was actually a path i was meant to be on.
g. the beauty of the extensive ocean, miles and miles of sand, and mountains everywhere in the distance.
h. forcing myself to pronounce carl, "cahl". afraid he wouldn't recognize his own name with my american accent.


Advertisement



Tot: 0.058s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 13; qc: 23; dbt: 0.03s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb