Coromandel Region


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » North Island » Coromandel » Thames
September 15th 2009
Published: September 29th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Up super early to get onto the Stray bus. Our first stop was to go up Mount Eden which you guessed it is another Volcano. There is a grassy crater at the top and you can see all of Auckland from up there. We then got out of the city. Our next stop was a roadside fruit and veg stand. Vera and I decided to buy some veg to make a stir fry that night. We also bought a bag of kiwis because they were so cheap. We got a bag with like 24 kiwis for $2NZD. Crazy!

We stopped in Thames and got a few more things for our stir fry and then the stray bus dropped us off at our hostel. We were the only 2 hopping off. There was a sign at the hostel saying they were out but to use the free phone to call them so we called and he didn’t have any dorms left but he gave us a private room with a double bed and a single bed for the same price as a dorm. So I got to sleep in the double bed for $20NZD, that’s a wicked deal!!

Dropped our bags in our room and then went over to the information center and got a map and asked a few questions. Found the car rental place next door and asked about renting a car. No worries so we have a car starting tomorrow morning!!!!

We then did the 6.5 KM coastal walk that was recommended to us by the info center but it really wasn’t that great but it was mostly flat haha. Back at the hostel we planned out our next few days and booked a hostel in Colville.

Made our stir fry which was soooo good and full of veggies. We made too much rice so we gave it to a guy from Saudi Arabia. We then watched a movie, guess which one?

COOL RUNNINGS HAHAHAHAHA. It made me a tad bit homesick to see Calgary again, awwww. But it was cool to show Vera where I’m from. Good movie haha.

Checked our emails and found out that Patrick Swayze died. Sad news 😞



Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement



30th September 2009

Your trip is a 'cool running'!
Always enjoy your entries. You may have to combine several days because I think that you are way behind! Glad to hear that the driving is going well!
6th October 2009

Awesome Blog
Enjoying the reading, great to see you’re having a good time traveling NZ!

Tot: 0.065s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 13; qc: 34; dbt: 0.0368s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb