Water water everywhere!!


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » North Island » Bay of Plenty » Tauranga
September 28th 2008
Published: September 28th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Sunday was a bit of a chilled day! We were going to go to church in the morning but we slept through! Doh!! When we did surface we had a chat with our wonderful hosts and decided to make the best of the good weather and have a picnic!! Thats one of Robs favourite things to do!!! Not!!! We had planned on going to see a stranded Orca Whale that they have named Nobby, but we discoverd that they manged to get him back swimming again in high tide! So that was good news! Anyway we went for this picnic and there was an added bonus... we could take the kayaks!!!!! Although Rob and Lynne were a little scared! Rob can't swim!!! When we got to the sea we had our picnic under blankets as the sun had gone in... We had corned beef and tomato sauce sandwiches!!! YUM!! The kayaking was great fun and we also found lots of cool crabs (one of which pinched Rob's toes!). Lynne overcame her fear and went in a kayak for the first time - she looked like a pro and we have a video to prove it!!

We went to Mosaic Church in Mount Maunganui in the evening which is an off-shoot of the vineyard church. It was in a factory type building with cool arty type stuff everywhere - nothing like a traditional church. It smelt of fresh coffee and had really comfy sofas! The speaker gave a really inspiring bible-based message.

We are heading to Taupo today and may even try something exciting like white water rafting or the luge!!

TTFN


Additional photos below
Photos: 15, Displayed: 15


Advertisement



30th September 2008

What a fab time you are both having!!I have been following your travels with INTEREST!!!New Zealand looks beautiful. You talk about "chilling" alot but it seems to me that you are permanently on the go.Take Care. Caroline
30th September 2008

Hi Rob. Great blog. But did you know that you end every sentence with !!!!!! all of the time!

Tot: 0.083s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 11; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0411s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb