Just the Ducks Nuts....


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » North Island » Bay of Plenty » Tauranga
August 12th 2003
Published: August 12th 2003
Edit Blog Post

So, today is the 12th August and we have been here 2 weeks ... we are in Tauranga in the Bay of Plenty at the moment, right next to the beach, wicked!:o)

Although it's supposed to be winter here it has been around 14c most of the time and lots of rain, not cold at all really!


The downside of coming out here at the last minute is that we have only arrived with 1000 dollars! … yup that’s right, 1000 dollars, but we don’t care, we’re on working visas and want to work, it’s much different than we’ve ever done before so we are lapping it up at the moment!!

We have got work kiwi pruning at the moment, and unless you can be speeded gonzalez then you can only earn around 10 pounds a day for 8 hours work, but it does get better with time, but we can’t be bothered to hack it out so for the last 4 or 5 days we have been looking for any other work that came our way ... we got talking with our hostel hosts ... Just the Duck Nuts ... THE BEST HOSTEL IN TAURANGA!!:o) ... the couple are ex dairy farmers and helped us immensely with trying to find some work ... they gave us an idea of putting in ad in the local paper advertising the fact that we were looking for work ... then this morning we got a call from a farmer and we are now starting work on a dairy farm of 600 cows on the 14th!!! ... we are initially doing 3 months worth of work and then if we like it we will think about staying longer.

We are probably going to leave after the initial 3 months as we will have been able to save up some money whilst working and want to do some proper traveling around NZ, the pay is $10 an hour but we work 12 hours a day 7 days a week!!!

We can't say how much we have been surprised by the friendliness of the Kiwi's since we have been here, they are all soooo happy and willing to help us with pretty much any question we have, they seem to realize that we are from the otherside of the world and are a bit apprehensive at being so far from home, being that it is our first time this far from home!!

Anyway, thats that for now, gotta go pack our backpaks ready for tomorrow!


Advertisement



24th July 2006

toy slot machine
Sefany

Tot: 0.077s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0434s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb