On the Road Again do doo do doo


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » North Island » Bay of Islands
August 27th 2006
Published: August 27th 2006
Edit Blog Post

We picked up our car in Auckland on Friday and Stew drove the 4(ish) hour journey to Paihia. It probably wouldn't have taken this long, but we got stuck in a massive traffic jam due to a car accident which looked pretty nasty.

We stopped off at a place called Sheep World on the way, which I thought sounded very exciting, unfortunately we had to pay about $17 to get in so we decided to skip that and just look around the shop. We managed to get Jill some nice wool lined slippers, and then we were off again. We arrived in Paihia at about 2pm and after discovering that we didn't have the address of where we were staying, we drove around for about 10 minutes until we finally found it. Our hostel's pretty good, it's got a games room and a hot tub and the rooms nice and clean and everything. After we settled in and had a game of pool, we drove to the Haruru(?) waterfall, which was very pretty and we took some pictures and went hunting for Kiwi's in the sanctuary which was next to the waterfall. We went out for a meal in a surprisingly poncey restaurant and cocktail bar that night, and had some really nice gourmet pizza (hehe, and for those of you keeping count, yes that does mean we've eaten pizza 99% of the time we've been away).

Our money is about to run out on the internet, but we'll try and post another blog from Roturua, where we'll be tomorrow after an 8 hour drive! Sorry for the short message!

Ali and Stew.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.119s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0947s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb