Day 2: Auckland - The Bay of Islands


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » North Island » Bay of Islands » Paihia
January 6th 2011
Published: March 10th 2011
Edit Blog Post

6th January 2011

Today I start on the Kiwi Experience Bus. Had about a 6 or 7 hour journey up to Piahia which is up at the bay of islands. I knew it was going to be a long day but it was broken up into chunks which made it bearable! I made friends with a group of people around me and at each stop I got to know a few others too. Our first stop was a breakfast / morning tea stop in Warkworth. At the stop there was a Honey Centre where they gave us some free samples of the honey they make. At the back of the centre they have a glass cabinet where you can see all the bees doing their thing which was pretty cool. Anyway back on the bus for another couple of hours and we eventually got to Piahia just after lunch time. We stopped off at the activity centre for everyone to book and pay for their excursions before heading to Pipi Patch Hostel where I booked in for 3 nights.
I went out and had a little look round the town and brought some bits from the supermarket in the afternoon. That evening we had a big BBQ and a few drinks with everyone from the bus and also met some others that arrived the previous day.



Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.106s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0503s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb