Paihia


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » North Island » Bay of Islands » Paihia
January 25th 2011
Published: January 25th 2011
Edit Blog Post


I've spent the past couple of days in Paihia (about 4 hours North of Auckland) getting some amazing weather, very pleased about not waking up to snow and ice every morning 😊.

My last night in Auckland was spent at a Belgium Pub with a nice french girl "Mel", I couldn't believe how knowledgeable she was about beer and how Strong this stuff was! between 8 - 10% alcohol, made me feel like a panzy (didn't get sick although hit me pretty hard). Also met some cool backpackers from another nearby hostel, French, Swiss, but no Canadians!! It looks like I may be a rare commodity at this rate, although it might just work out in my favour 😊.

Morning of Jan 24th began the Kiwi-Experience!! Got on the bus@ 7am (needless to say I was a little rough from the night before). The travelers are from all over (still no Canadians though) met a cool Irish fellow (Tommy) difficult to understand at times but I'll be heading back to Auckland with him tomorrow afternoon.

First day in Paihia got the chance to head out on the bay in a speedbaot (the exciter) amazing conditions and well worth the ticket. That night in I received a BBQ dinner along with some free beer 😊, not too shabby.

I'm looking forward to heading south and meeting some more cool people, maybe even a couple of Canadians..

SB.



Additional photos below
Photos: 22, Displayed: 22


Advertisement



25th January 2011

Unreal
Have fun with it buddy. Make some landmarks, and we'll head over soon and visit.
25th January 2011

awesomeness
LOL @ "rare commodity at this rate" the photos look awesome dude! Glad you're having a lot of fun & getting lucky with the weather there!
31st January 2011

So you are really there at last!
Hi Scott, sounds like you are having fun. Only spent a week in NZ and really have to go back to see a whole lot more. Jenny
1st February 2011

Im holding you to that! Don't forget ;)
5th February 2011

sounds amazing
sounds like u are having a great time. your mom and dad are keeping us posted, but am enjoying your blog. hope u get to see the film sight for lord of the rings. jen and andrew said it was amazing and their picutres looked great. best wishes jacke and claus

Tot: 0.111s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0853s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb