Back in Auckland, Van for Sale


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » North Island » Auckland » Ponsonby
November 7th 2008
Published: November 9th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Wouldn't you know it, but I left the rear hatch not properly closed while cleaning the van last night and the battery is dead in the morning. Just one more stress that we don't need. I flagged a taxi and got a jump start.

The Backpackers car market is a rather depressing place. We ended up parking the van in the same spot where it was when we first saw it, and set the price a bit lower than what we paid for it as a start. The global recession has started to hit the place (the owner says business is down 30 %) so things aren't looking up for a quick sale.

After returning to the hostel we got the kids up (they obviously hadn't missed us) and spent the day hanging around the neighbourhood. Benjamin bought some new books, so he is happy. I got one offer on the Van via text, but it was quite a low ball and I figured we might do better by the end of the three days.

Joshua and I went out to search for a place to use his new soccer ball. We found a park (Western Park) that was all down hill which made for rather hard playing. We ended up playing way down at the bottom of it as the ball was going there anyways.

We rented some movies and spent the evening watching “The Thief Lord” on the computer screen.



Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.331s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 6; qc: 45; dbt: 0.2912s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb