We are all here!


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » North Island » Auckland » Manukau City
November 20th 2014
Published: November 20th 2014
Edit Blog Post

After 27 hours of a travel, we arrived in Auckland! Ricky joined us 3 hrs later from Australia! We stayed in sore upper clean motel just outside the airport.....the lady whose home we are renting for the next 5 days gave us the name of a trustworthy car rental place, and Wendy showed up at 10 this morning, and offered to drive with us to Cocklebay where we are staying. Gary got to drive under her tutelage which we don't know how we would have done it without her. Driving on the wrong side of the road takes some getting used to. Kiwi drivers in the big city are like impatient Calgarian drivers. Lots of similarities there. One thing you notice right away is all the birds singing, beautiful!



It is nice out, about 22 degrees. Their leaves have just come out..,very similar to our May weather and beginning of summer freshness. We sure lucked out with this first home. It's spacious, well equipped, with gorgeous views of the bay...all windows.....stunning! The lady who owns it is a middle school teacher who lives with her mom Val. We haven't met them yet but Donna has already been a wealth of information. Excited to meet her.



Right now I am sitting here typing as Ricky plays his guitar....how I have missed that! He's had a lot of practice so is so good...he was already good....but now he's pretty amazing.... We will go exploring after we settle in....


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.069s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 11; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0421s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1.1mb