Our first blog!


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » North Island » Auckland » Central
May 3rd 2011
Published: May 2nd 2011
Edit Blog Post

Hi guys! we're finally here in auckland after 3 planes and 24 hours of travelling!
We checked into our first hostel and had a private room to help us sleep well to get over the jet lag (probably the nicest room we'll see for a while!). Had a wander around the city on our first day where we probably saw most of the city in about 2 hours then ended up in bed by 6.30pm and slept for over 12hours! Monday we had a look round all the parks and did ALOT of walking (10km - the most Becki has ever walked in one day!) We went to what we assumed was a casual park cafe, drenched and not looking too great, but it turned out to be a posh restaurant serving 'high tea'. After getting a table we then decided we didn't want anything on the menu so had to embarrasingly walk back out, getting a few dodgy looks! We also walked up aucklands highest volcano and got pretty good views across the city. Later we went out for tea by the harbour and even saw huddersfield town playing on a screen in the bar! This night we made it to 8.30!(starting to get over the jet lag now). Tuesday we headed up the sky tower in hope of getting some good views but this didnt happen as it was pretty cloudy. Then we went on a shark bus to the aquarium where we saw lots of penguins and managed to get out of the rain for a couple of hours. It has been pretty gloomy and wet all the time we have been in auckland but we have still managed to see all of the city. Tomorrow we get on the kiwi experience bus which will take us all around the north and south islands.
Missing you all and speak to you soon! xxx

Advertisement



13th May 2011

Have a great time
We had a brilliant time in NZ and spotted the Kiwi Experience buses many times on our tour of South Island last year. We loved Queenstown and Milford Sound and did an amazing ice hike on Franz Joseph glacier. Visited your mum and dad and now on an island hopping experience of our own.

Tot: 0.053s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 16; qc: 39; dbt: 0.032s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb