NEW ZEALAND


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » North Island » Auckland » Central
March 9th 2011
Published: March 9th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Hey guys..............

Im so sorry this is brief.......but I have only 20 minutes left of the internet and in New Zealand.....it is so expensive. So we have visited Auckland, Rotorua, Taupo, Napier and wellington in the North Island and Picton, Nelson, Franz Josef, Fox Glacier, Wanaka, Queenstown and Christchurch on the south island......all in the space of 3 weeks!!! It has been mental and a tiny bit of a rush!!!

My favourite place was probably Queenstown and Taupo. We have been white water rafting, met up with Jann who I went to uni with and havent seen for 2 years which was amazing, we went to a Maouri experience, where we saw the Haka and saw a performance of singing and dancing and saw geysers and hot mud pools, we have also been swimming in natural hot springs where the water went from being cold to hot which was slightly strange!! We got the ferry to the south island. The south island is much more picturesque and beautiful. The north is mainly farmland. There is only 4 million people in new Zealand and the towns are small and not built up they build across not up its really crazy. Some things feel a bit american here and they have massive takeaway places in each town with only like 3 people eating in them haha!!! On the south island we have been to puzzling world and climbed a glacier, Stace fell over and a german took a photo of her on the ice haha! She wasnt impressed! New Zealand is full of lakes so we have walked to various beautiful lakes. We have also had a night out in Queenstown and felt aftershocks in Christchurch which was really scary. It was noisey and the ground shakes hard. It only lasts for like 8 seconds, but it is a frightening experience, I cant imagine what it was like to be here for the quake. The CBD is closed and there is military everywhere! We fly to Oz tomorrow, which should be warmer as in New Zealand its a bit fresh on the south island. In the sun it is nice and warm.

Sorry its short but as I say its a little on the expensive side. I will tell you all about it when I am home. Love and miss you all.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.067s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0392s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb