DJ and Mark's latest (posted from Auckland)


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » North Island » Auckland » Central
January 2nd 2009
Published: January 2nd 2009
Edit Blog Post

DJ writes...

27/12/08:
Oh no! End of Christmas! Anyway, yesterday we went on a walk, all 7 of us, to Rivendell off Lord Of The Rings! It was a nice sunny day, and there were lots of fields nearby, so we could play Frisbee, football and swing ball. It was a long walk on a path, near the river where you could see lots of rocks and water rushing. We circled round until we came back to the fields, when Hugo started to cry, so then Hugo, Rebecca and Dave had to go back since Hugo was tired. After that, we went into the river and me and Mark swam. Back to today, we went to a kayak centre, where it also had a climbing wall. For 3 hours, me, Mark and Dave sweated on the climbing wall. Oh, Mum just tells me it was 2 hours.....It was fun, and there were quite hard walls. After that we went to Te Papa museum again (I think I have talked about it in my blog before?) to go on a ride we booked on the last visit. it was all about their picture wall, and somebody putting memories on it. It was extremely realistic, and very fast. By the way, it wasn't a rollercoaster or anything, it was a simulator. After that, I felt a bit bizarre. Then, we had an ice cream, played in the playground and then went home. That was that day description.

Mark writes...

We're in the North island
Hello everyone we have arrived in wellington so we get to Becky's (mums cousin) car. Then guess what mum forgets to get her handbag so we wait and eventually they find it so that was the drama about 30 minutes from when we got of the plane.
when we got back Hugo (Becky's son) and Dave were waiting and Hugo's not very sure of me and Daniel (he is only 1.)
Next day we went to the museum and it was amazing. we got there and first we had lunch i had egg salad sandwich. Anyway we went into the forces part first and a lot of it was about earthquakes but it was still very good. There was: a massive spinnable glove that showed the plates of the world, there was a earthquake machine that if you jumped on it it would show the damage that you did and there was a house that first showed a news report about the damage that the earth quake did then there was a news report but it got switched off because an earthquake happened and the whole room shook like well an earthquake. I cant write about all the sections but i can write about the colossal squid it was massive and they caught it in the antarctic. it is officially the largest squid in the world!
Next day we got up oh i forgot to mention its Christmas day! But i cant open stuff yet because Hugo woke me up early. so we waited till everyone was ready but you don't want to know what i got for Christmas,. Anyway Dave's parents and his sister with her boyfriend came round and we played swing ball outside on Christmas day! How cool is that and we had BBQ. That was generally it.
Today we got up and we are going to Rivendell! From lord of the rings. We got there and there was quite a lot of people so we went on the walk first and we went through the place (not rivendell) and at the end there was a rope bridge across the valley it was really cool after we walked across it i ran up and down and it shook. After that we had a picnic at Rivendell and that was Boxing day when usually we would be at my Grandma's having the Boxing Day party in freezing weather.
Next day we were meant to be going to the beach but instead we went rock climbing (inside) and it was extremely fun Daniel and Dave got to the outcove but when i tried but after trying and trying i finally got there and it felt like i was on top of the world it was a really good feeling. After that we went back to the museum to get lunch then Becky Dave and Hugo went back so we booked a go on the high ride it was quite scary for me because on the screen everyone kept crashing so you just juddered everywhere it was quite funny though.


Advertisement



Tot: 0.113s; Tpl: 0.015s; cc: 11; qc: 47; dbt: 0.0724s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb