Groundhog Day in Tahiti


Advertisement
French Polynesia's flag
Oceania » French Polynesia » Tahiti
March 12th 2008
Published: March 20th 2008
Edit Blog Post

After we left NZ we wanted to chill on a good beach in the Pacific for a few days and as the flight to Easter Island (our next stop) goes via Tahiti it made sense to stop there....and we were not going to argue. We arrived to Polynesian music and flower garlands but as it is a French island they had an EU channel believe it or not so we didn´t even get a stamp in our passport!!! How disappointing.

As we had now crossed the date line we managed to have two March 10th´s, the 1st one was spent in Auckland and the 2nd time around we got to sit on the beach and swim in the sea. Not a bad repeat of the day, it was like groundhog day, shame that it doesn´t happen more often as the year is going by too quickly.

This place really is paradise....with turquoise blue sea which is hot, not just warm, and gorgeous beaches. Now, it is not really a backpacker place as paradise comes at a cost....literally! Everything is sooooo expensive. We are very grateful for the little patisserie near the hotel with more affordable food and drink.
Beach and Lagoon Beach and Lagoon Beach and Lagoon

unfortunately the overwater bungalow was not our room :-(

It has been great to relax on the beach, and we really haven't done too much apart from that. The weather has been really hot & sunny (sorry to make you all jealous, we heard about the bad weather at home) We are finding it weird to be so far from home but finding the place very French....we could be in Calais, ok maybe not!!!! but people do walk around with French bread hanging out of their bags, we´ve eaten delicious pastries and we are even using francs.

So, we were only here for a few days, any more and we would have blown the entire budget for the trip! So we are now refreshed from our time on beautiful Tahiti and we now we head off to Easter Island and the home of the Moai.


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement

Beach with view over to MooreaBeach with view over to Moorea
Beach with view over to Moorea

Another French Polynesian island


Tot: 0.14s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 15; qc: 70; dbt: 0.0938s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb