Honey's Over the Moon- Tahiti-iti


Advertisement
French Polynesia's flag
Oceania » French Polynesia » Tahiti » Papeete
March 8th 2014
Published: March 24th 2014
Edit Blog Post

La orana & what a trek! Over a whole day of traveling to get to some of the most spectacular scenery I've EVER seen! It's our honeymoon and our AMAZING wedding took us on this journey to a far away land. Bali-hai had called us! Right now we are here on an island, FAR in the middle of the South Pacific, one known by the name of Tahiti! Technically, we are in Tahiti-iti (little Tahiti), which is a connecting portion of the island know as the home to the world class, world renowned, world's MOST DANGEROUS wave, Teahupoo.

We are staying at The Vanira Lodge, in the town of Teahupoo, in their tallest tree house. Immersed in nature, we are surrounded by trees, flowers, and animals of all kinds. We've had birds, geckos, roosters (by the thousands which sounded like theme park screams through the mountains. Not so fun at 4am!), and all sorts of natural visitors in our home. One more un-welcomed than the others, are the mosquitoes. Make sure your mosquito nets are properly fitting and your bug spray is WELL in stock when on these islands.

Breakfast here is full of fresh native jams,
Maara BungalowMaara BungalowMaara Bungalow

Vanira Lodge
fruits, flowers, and honey, looking upon a spectacular view of the ocean and mountain sides. From our lodge, we could hear the roaring crashes of the waves at Teahupoo, breaking along the circular outer reef that protects the islands from the ocean waters, filtering into the bluest of lagoons. Unfortunately for us, we picked the rainy season to visit this time, so we've had a few days locked away in our hut, but it's nothing short of beautiful still. The good news is that with the rains falling, the mosquitoes go BYE BYE!

We've taken lots of bike rides down some CRAZY steep hills, trekking along the mountain side, looking for spots to visit for snorkeling. We found one nice spot on a small black sand beach that took us to a reef shelf with unbelievable waters and colored fish. We also took a horse back adventure through the tops of the mountains, over-looking some spectacular views, and galloping through the lush tropical landscapes.

We only have a few short days here in Tahiti-iti, as we are traveling to our next location in Moorea soon! This is a perfect start to a beautiful honeymoon in the French Polynesia!


Additional photos below
Photos: 15, Displayed: 15


Advertisement



Tot: 0.068s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 11; qc: 50; dbt: 0.037s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb