Polynesian paradise(s)


Advertisement
French Polynesia's flag
Oceania » French Polynesia » Tahiti » Papeete
May 18th 2008
Published: May 18th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Greetings to all from Papeete, Tahiti, French Polynesia.
We have been here a week already and have enjoyed a couple of dfays at a mooring at the Tahiti Yacht Club which was very peaceful as with a Thursday Public holiday and the following Monday the locals all took a 5 day weekend and nothing got done. Moved into town and finally got checked in while tied up at new docks that have only been installed 2 months before, quite rooly with the ferry wakes and really noisy from the traffic from 6am til late.
Subsequently anchored off Marina Taina which is free and has some delightful snorkelling under the boat.
But I digress, I left you in Fatu Hiva and we spent 4 weeks in the Marquesas really enjoying the outrageous geographical features and beautiful bays,friendly laid back locals and baguettes. We are travelling independantly but keep catching up with other boats and friends from as far back as Grenada. Also a lot of West coast boats and inevitably a few stagglers from the World ARC so sometimes we can be in a bay by ourselves and the next day 10 boats will slide in. As we came thru the Tuomotu, a little rushed, we saw much less traffic as we went thru the South West by Raroia and Tahanea. The atols there are very low and dangerous and a blast in the passes if you have enough power to keep it straight.
So we will wind our way along towards Bora Bora in the next couple of weeks an hope to get some good diving in as the water here is absoloutely crystal.
Still looking for some crewfrom Fiji to Oz hopefully on the contributing side, has been running about $400/mo/pp for the provisioning.
Will now try, again, to get some photos up, the wi-fi is still slow and will see how the patience will hold.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.114s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 11; qc: 54; dbt: 0.0798s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb