Fiji Time


Advertisement
Fiji's flag
Oceania » Fiji » Yasawa Islands
May 30th 2006
Published: May 30th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Bula!!
We cant believe its out 10th day in Fiji already..After arriving at 4am we managed to get up and get on a boat from Nadi to Mana island with no jet lag at all! The boat journey was quite exciting however we were disheartened by the 'groovy gappers' that surrounded us! Mana was not what we expected and to be honest not the best first impression of Fiji. The beach was tiny very narrow and covered in seaweed, the food was awful and we booked a double room that was so tiny! Also, there was no electricity and no running water. But we did have nearly 4 litres of Fiji beer that night to improve the mood. Next we went to beachcomber island and it was a huge contrast to the Mana. The beach was really nice and the resort was huge by Fiji standards. Also, the buffet food was really nice. However, we found out after pre-booking 3 nights that it is the 'party island' OOPS! We slept in a 102 person dorm and got absolutly covered in mosquito bites despite pouring repellent on us before bed! We did not engage in any partying but did take advantage of a free concert by a famous new zeland rock band for the winners of a coca cola competition that was being held on the island! But finally after a few wrong turns we have found paradise! Were staying in the Yasawa islands in a place called Tavewa! Fiji is quite expensive but we can camp here so weve put up the tent right near the gorgeous white sandy beaches. The water here is totally clear and the beach is always empty. We also have 2 hammocks next to our tent and we spend days lazing around Fiji style. The evening entertainment is the really young Fijian kids from the neighbouring village singing to us after dinner! The evening walk back toour tent is lit by a thousand bright stars and we love sleeping under them despite the evil mosquitos! Tomorrow we hope to go on a fishing trip where we can cathch tuna and then have it in an eveneing bbq! Weve met a few nice people here aswell but its perfect here because we can be alone too! So were going to stay at this island now because we really love it here and because the boat is too expensive to move anywhere else!.........

Advertisement



Tot: 0.064s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0425s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb