Bula it's Fiji time


Advertisement
Fiji's flag
Oceania » Fiji » Yasawa Islands
January 9th 2006
Published: January 9th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Tropical ParadiseTropical ParadiseTropical Paradise

Need I say More?
Happy New Year from Fiji. Well it's nice to be back on our travels and I don't think we could have found a more perfect place to get away from the freezing greyness that is London. We arrived on New Years Eve at our first hostel after a 40 hour journey (3 flights, 28 hours flying time 12 hours waiting around in airports) to a bunch of merry surfer dudes sitting by the pool drinking cocktails. "Are you ready to party?" they asked "ofcus" we grunted somewhat incoherently. We then stumbled hurridly to our room where we dumped our rucksacks and fell on the bed. Mel suggested we set our alarm so that we wouldn't miss the celebrations. The alarm went off, f'ck knows what time, and we threw it on the floor and went back to sleep. We woke up in 2006 with No Hangover! That was a first for both of us (Me since the age of 12 - sorry Mum).

New Year's day we set off on our Island hop. The first stop was Mantaray resort which was lovely. Very intimate and chilled. Infact chilled is definitely a word you can use alot to describe Fiji's islands. The people are so friendly and your most difficult decision is usually whether to lie in the hammock in the shade or in the sun. This means that the holidaymakers are also really cool.

The next island was Botairia which was our favourite. Pretty much our description of paradise; a solitary island with white sandy beaches with a backdrop of lush tropical hills and very intimate. Although not 5 star luxury this was definite value and a beautiful place for couples.

Then it was onto Bounty Island where Celebrity Love Island was filmed (I do not know what this is but Mel says it was quite big in the UK). This Island was not as nice as we expected although we learnt a new drinking game called 4 kings which was excellent!

The final stop was Beachcomber Island which is a bit of a party island and very busy but we saw a nice sun set and met some cool Aussies! Next stop New Zealand home of rugby playing lambs, apparently!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.089s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 9; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0671s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1022.4kb