Fiji


Advertisement
Fiji's flag
Oceania » Fiji » Yasawa Islands
August 24th 2008
Published: August 29th 2008
Edit Blog Post

So we arrived in Fiji to heat!!! yay!! it was so warm! We overnighted in Nadi, near the airport for the first night and booked our trip to see 2islands in the next few days. So the following morning we hopped onto our ferry to our first island, Beachcomber, the party island. After we settled into our 120bed dorm (yes thats typed right!!) we settled ourselves on the beach and sunned ourselves for the day. During our set meals we met two Irish girls from Derry & Donegal and it turned out they were on the same package as us. That night we joined them for a few drinks and were surprised to see that the mad party island wasn't as mad as we expected! we were in bed by 2am! the following day we spent more time lazing in the sun but vowed that our last night on the island would be a party one and so we gathered a big group in the dorm for a few drinks and some getting to know one another with the game "never have i ever" plus some personal questions of whether people scrunch or fold (dont ask because you dont want to know!!). This led to great hilarity and finally one of the members of staff came and shooed us out of the dorm and we headed to the bar where it appeared there was no-one else as we had everyone in the dorm! oops!! so we hit the dance floor and partied the night away. We weren't too happy rising at 8am the next morning for breakfast and our boat to the next island. We trundled on anyway and finally got to Manta Ray island about lunchtime, here we had lunch & collapsed on the beach for some R&R. That night was a tad quieter than the last one, its a quiet island anyway but we were just waiting until it was an appropriate time to go to bed! The next day we said we'd better do something so we went to visit a Fijian village which was nice, the little kids were so cute running up to us shouting Bula (hello & welcome) and shaking our hands! On our way to the village in the boat we saw a manta ray as well which was cool! In the afternoon then we chilled on the beach & that evening had a few drinks and tried to demonstrate some irish dancing to anyone who'd watch since we'd failed miserably at limbo! The next morning we sunned ourselves on the beach until it was time for our boat back to Nadi. We stayed at Nadi doing more of the same (tanning) for 2nights until it was time for my flight home. So i bade a tearful goodbye to Jacinta, my left phalangey (or right arm) for the last 6mths and i headed home via LA and london while she hung on another 2nights before heading abck to Sydney. I can't believe my trip is over but i've enjoyed every minute!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.124s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 10; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0486s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb