Fiji Day 2


Advertisement
Fiji's flag
Oceania » Fiji » Viti Levu
February 29th 2008
Published: February 29th 2008
Edit Blog Post

This morning I got up at 7. Again the weather was scorching so I piled on the factor 25. We headed out on a jungle trek (well.. those who could be bothered) the first hour was just constant uphill and everyone was literally dripping with sweat as it was quite exposed with no shade. It had been raining constantly in Fiji for a week before I arrived so the whole path was very slippy and muddy with red clay but very unlike me I managed to stay on my feet for the whole time! After another couple of hours walking through the jungle we reached a river which was nice and cool although very brown and muddy - have absolutely ruined my trainers in the first few days!!

After some well desterved lunch - I was starving!! we jumped in these rubber rings and floated down the river - there were a few rapids but it was quite tame really - will have to wait until NZ for the proper adrenaline rushes!

In the evening we stayed in another nice hostel which overlooked the river - must have forgotten to take some photos though! We were treated to some Fijian tribal dancing in the evening - our tour guide got very involved - he is extremely camp and extroverted - was quite funny.


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement

in the riverin the river
in the river

Still snowy white :-)
View of the riverView of the river
View of the river

They shot Anaconda here apparently!


Tot: 0.067s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 8; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0402s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb