Coral Coast


Advertisement
Fiji's flag
Oceania » Fiji » Viti Levu » Coral Coast » Mango Bay
November 16th 2009
Published: November 20th 2009
Edit Blog Post

The local bus dropped us off at 7pm and we had to walk down a pitch black lane for 10 minutes until we found the resort, the security guard welcomed us and feeling sorry that we had to walk in the dark, he gave us a bowl of kava and showed us to our room!

The next day we booked ourselves on a fishing and island trip, about 10 of us crowded on to this small boat and went off in search of fish and hopefully sun. After about an hour of smashing along the waves and needing to see a specialist about our new back problems, we reached the island with 2 tunas in hand, and whilst the hosts cooked them, we went snorkelling and played a bit of football.

After lunch we went to the island’s school and a group of kids performed a few Fijian songs before we had to join in, we ended up singing “if your happy and you know it clap your hands”, it was a significant moment in Anglo-Fijian relations and im sure the local kids wont forget our angelic voices for a while.

On the boat back to the resort, we stopped off for some fishing to try and catch dinner. Despite Ryan’s best efforts not to catch anything at all, we managed to both catch a sizeable tuna (mine being the bigger obviously) before heading back to the resort where we ate the poor bastards.

After being the last white man standing in the table tennis tournament, (before being knocked out in the semi finals to who can only be described as Fiji’s national champion), we propped up the bar for the rest of night with Dave and Joel, an Irish and Aussie guy we had met whilst the trip, stumbling to bed around 2am.

After a few more days lazing around the pool, snorkelling some more and drinking a few more bowls of kava, it was time to catch the bus back to NadI where we had to stay for one night before getting an early flight to New Zealand.

Hope your all well and will speak to you soon!



Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.087s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 12; qc: 55; dbt: 0.0389s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb