Fiji me up!


Advertisement
Fiji's flag
Oceania » Fiji » Vanua Levu
January 11th 2008
Published: January 11th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Hey guys...

so i made it over ok to Labasa...this is pretty much a non-tourist zone so i'm already starting to feel like a local (in an internet cafe! hahah)....anyway...i'm really excited i've met ben who is the coordinator for tribeswanted... it sounds really exciting...when i told him about my studies in public health he was really interested to hear about it and has encouraged me to discuss with some of the tribe members about some of their health histories and that kind of thing just to get an idea of what type of issues they deal with here (from what I understand so far mostly bacterial infections from open sores particularly in children who often acquire bug bites and rashes that have a hard time healing due to the tropical climate and the salt water..) so far so good i'm SO excited! I'll be heading over to the island of voro voro in a few hours ....there i wont have much access to internet....

This is just an FYI and NOT to alarm anyone (ahem, mother...please calm down)....but there is a cyclone warning up here...the storm hasn't formed yet so we aren't sure what is really going on but Ben has assured me that they have proper procedures in place and we'll play it by ear out here...safety first!!! i promise it will be ok! anyway....I am also fortunate enough to be able to post some pictures today! YAY!!!! I'll add some to some of the other blogs too so check it out and see what i' ve been up to!

Love you all very very very much I'll be in touch as soon as i get back to the mainland!!!

Gen
xoxoxoxoox

Advertisement



Tot: 0.135s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 11; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0783s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb