Fiji


Advertisement
Fiji's flag
Oceania » Fiji » Mamanuca Islands
November 1st 2008
Published: December 4th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Fiji



I would just wanted to thank you all very much for the kind birthday emails. I had the most wonderful birthday just as you said, lazing in the sun on a beautiful white beach on one of the Islands of Fiji. We met a lovely couple from Brisbane who we spent the day snorkelling and kayaking with. We went to a gorgeous lookout at the highest point of Mana island and watched the sun set on a secluded beach before heading to the best restaurant for a 5 course meal right by the water. We watched and crab race and met our friends for cocktails, as usual we were the last ones up, still chatting after the bar had closed. It was an amazing birthday! Tony was so sweet and even treated me to a Fijian massage, I felt like a princess!

Fiji was stunning, by far our favourite place, it had everything we could possibly want and more, so we hope to return one day and explore more of the islands. The hotels were 5 star, as was the service. The activities were fantastic; we went jet boating along the river to visit a Fijian village where they greeted us with an authentic meal (super noodles and orange squash - tony), performed and “original” ceremony with the chief and danced with flowers hanging from our necks. Although we questioned the authenticity of this tour the jet boating had us hanging on for dear life and cackling the whole way. Tony sat in the worse seat possible and got soaked at every turn ha!!!!

Tony tried wakeboarding, his first time and he got up! Brilliant…and I caught every single nose dive on video! We also went sailing which we both love and snorkelled with the hundreds of fish around the pretty reefs just alongside the island (just for clarity it was only us who were snorkelling; the fish were just going about their daily lives - tony). A perfect holiday location which we would advise everyone to visit!

Our top experience has to be our Sky Dive though! (Get it… our top experience... - tony) It was Tony’s first time and my second, and before we got in to the shaky little aircraft it seemed that I was more nervous than he. Tony has been waiting to do this for a very long time and was just so excited where as I was trying to put off doing it at least until New Zealand! It was so exhilarating, the climb up to 14,000 feet seemed to take forever and the views just got better. Little green islands surrounded with white sand and turquoise reefs in the gorgeous blue ocean, breathtaking. Once again I was last out and had the pleasure of watch Tony get flung into the air. His face was a picture as the door opened and the horrific sound of air comes gushing in. In a flash he was gone, tumbling back down to earth and suddenly I couldn’t wait to get out. This was definitely the better of the two skydives as I was fully aware of what to expect and could take it all in. The freefall felt longer, my eyes were open every second taking it all in but not one scream… (If only she had know during that the parachute had got tangled I reckon there would have been a few more screams - tony) I smiled the whole way down in ore of the view. Taking over the controls we glided down slowly spinning and waving to Tony below. As we landed on the beach I looked over at Tony and knew that wouldn’t be the last time I’d be jumping out of a perfectly serviceable aircraft!



Additional photos below
Photos: 28, Displayed: 24


Advertisement



Tot: 0.075s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 11; qc: 52; dbt: 0.0412s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb