Fab Fiji.....


Advertisement
Fiji's flag
Oceania » Fiji » Mamanuca Islands
May 1st 2007
Published: May 1st 2007
Edit Blog Post

We arrived in Nadi in the morning & were soon heading to our island of paradise!!! We boarded the Malolo Cat (huge catamaran) which took us too the island, as you can imagine we were very excited by this time!
When we arrived at Musket Cove resort we knew straight away that we were in paradise, as there was no Mcdonalds or Hungry Jacks in sight!
Ou room was lovely, it was by the far the best we had stayed in so far... We were soon heading to the pool to catch the afternoon rays!

There was lots of activities to do at the resort which included Snorkelling, Kayaking & Island hopping tours. In between our hectic schedule of chilling round the pool & supping Cocktails, we found time too tatke the Kayaks out and see other area's of the island... The water was so clear & very warm, it was amazing that we could see so many different coloured fish whilst paddling just a few yards from the shore... We were soon booked in for a snorkelling tour & we were taken to the Sandbank! The snorkelling was just as good here as thte Great Barrier Reef. There was so many different fish with a variety of colours that we had not seen before! Mel even managed to make a friend - There was 1 little yellow fish who followed her the whole time we were snorkelling... Mel has finally conquered her fear of fish (those from Mexico last year will know what we mean)...
Whilst in Fiji we thought it would be nice too see a few other islands & resorts, so on our last day we decided to head out on a speedboat! We got to see 4 other islands and even managed some more snorkelling... All the islandsare very much the same, but they all have that relaxed feel about them! One of the days was a little cloudy in the morning so Gary did manage to persuade Mel to play little Golf on the 9 hole course that they had on the island.. The attire for thet course was vest, flip flops & boardshorts, wouldn't get that back in England...

We have been spoilt for choice when it comes to food & we have really treattetd ourselves whilst being here! We even had our own BBQ one night, but not yourusual coal &
Mel once again looking rather good in her snorkelling gear! Mel once again looking rather good in her snorkelling gear! Mel once again looking rather good in her snorkelling gear!

Not suprised that child is laughing at her!
fire lighter's... We were given fire wood, matches & some cardboard - We did not have a clue what to do do let alone even start the bloody thing (We are clearly no boy scouts)! After wasting half a box of matches, the Fijian bar maid strolled over, sorted out the wood & started our barbie.. We were very greatful as we were starving!

Our amazing journey has now come to an end & we could not have finished in a better place! The fijian people are very relaxed & so friendly... We would love to come back here again some day! It is hard to think that the cockktaiil drinking evenings are over & we now have too return to our everyday lives... Or maybe we could start planning our next trip, next year... How about it Abby/Eileen - The same 2 monthts next year?????

See you all soon & thank you for all your comments & to those of you who have just been keeping up to date by reading our blogs! (will put photo's on as soon as we have computer with USB port)....


Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement



3rd May 2007

smiles!
hey fellas! looks like you've had such a great time and just reading your blogs has kept me fully amused during dull moments at work!! Looking forward to seeing you when you get back even if you're not looking forward to coming home! We might have to leave it a while tho to let your tans fade - i can't be seen too close to you, i'll look so pale! Take care and safe flight home, Emma xx

Tot: 0.065s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 6; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0351s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb