A nation like mine


Advertisement
Fiji's flag
Oceania » Fiji » Lau Islands
March 7th 2014
Published: March 7th 2014
Edit Blog Post


The country I will be comparing to the U.S is Fiji Now the reason I choose Fiji was because I here it is the most beautiful place on earth and because of that I went to look up pictures. Indeed there are some good places in Fiji but there its far from perfect. Fiji's HDI ranking is 96th as of 2012. But the United states's ranking is 3rd and there is a reason for that; the U.S is beating Fiji in every way possible. Some examples of this is the U.S life expectancy is 78.7, and Fiji's is 69.4. I find Life expectancy to be the most impotent of them all because it tells you how long someone in that country has lived it takes a lot to live it takes food it takes water so if a country has a good life expectancy then they have good resources. Now that is not the only important thing that the U.S is beating Fiji in. The average years of education in Fiji is 10.7, and the average years of education in the U.S is 13.3. I don't have to tell you how important education is in life. The Gross National Income (GNI) per capita that the U.S gets $43,480 and the Gross National Income (GNI) per capita that Fiji gets is 4,087. Yes Fiji is beautiful but it is far from perfect.




Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.048s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 15; qc: 25; dbt: 0.0257s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb